Printing at VPP (distributed printing and plotting) changes from Autumn semester start 2016 (19.09.2016) fundamentally. The existing «classical» VPP will be operated in the future only for plotters.
For this reason, you have now, depending on the print format, 2 different ways to transmit your print jobs:
1. PublicPrinting A4/A3 in B/W or Color (ETH card on piastud01)
Now you have to release your print jobs with your ETH card (terminals are eliminated). That’s the reason why the upload respectively the printing operation (local printer) has changed (follow the links):
In addition, you can also copy and scan at the MFP.
Important: Only printers with the «card-stud» sign are able to print student print-jobs.
Locations of VPP printers
You can find VPP printers at the following D-ARCH locations:
HIL C 42.3
HIL C 29 (right at the back of the football table)
HIL F 50
HIL G 50
ONA E 38
ETH Print Service for Students
2. Poster and plans self service (VPP)
New website to upload and print your job:
- Poster and plans self service
- Locations of Plotters
- You can find plotters at the following D-ARCH locations:
- HIL C 56 (6x)
- ONA E 38 (2x)ONA E 34 (1x at the end of the semester)
- Download the printer installer (you will find it in your download folder). Note: This installer works from OS X 10.10.x up to and with mac OS High Sierra (10.13.x)
2. Right-Click (or ctrl-click) the package and choose Open With Installer (default).
3. Optional (depends on your security settings): Choose Open.
4. Click Continue and follow the instructions. Your printer will be configured automatically.
5. During your first print you will be prompted for a username and password. Please use your ETH account and check “remember this password”.