Connect to a server with Windows (network drive)
The following instruction describes how to connect from Windows PC to a network drive.
Please consider you can only access the servers within the ETH networks. Outside the ETH network you have to start VPN first.
Connect to a Network-Share
1. Type your Server in Windows Explorer in the Adress-Bar:
2. Log in with your ETH-Username (with a d\ in front of the Username) and Password.
3. After successfull login, you see all the Shares where you have access to.
Map a Network Share permanently
1. If you wish to connect a Share permanently, then click with the right Mouse-Button on the Share and choose Map network drive…
2. Choose with drive you want to associate with the Server Share.
1. My Login is not accepted.
- Connect with d\Username
- Hot to reset password here.
2. I dont see my wished server, but my login works.
- You don’t have the correct permissions. Please tell this you Assistant and he will write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. I cant make a connection to the server.
- «Eduroam»- Wireless-Connection works? How to connect wireless to the ETH network
- Do you have a Firewall installed? If yes, please deactivate and try again to connect. We suggest everybody to use the free and already installed Windows Firewall.